We get a lot of people contacting us with a malicious code issue. If you search your website on google you may see a warning notice such as ” Site blocked” “This site has been compromised ” or “This site may harm your computer)”
See a forum where lots of people are talking about this same issue : https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/1IT1Xg3pBwU
I have recorded a video showing you how to fix the issue and to remove the injected script on your website.
The guilty culprit in this example was traffictrade.life/scripts.js
Remove malicious code on your wordpress website.
- backup your website files and database
- update wordpress version, themes and plugins
- Add plugin “Wordfence” and carry out a scan
- Add plugin “Simple find and replace”
- Search for the dodgy script and see how many instances inject
- Search and replace with blank
- Done! re run your Wordfence scan to show the code is removed
- Change your wordpress and database password so it doesnt happen again!
If your a developer then there is another way to deal with the issue.
create a little query that did remove the malware includes:
You will need to do this in PhpMyAdmin